Monday, October 22, 2007

Goodbye 07

To quote The Jesus Lizard "Your body's achin,', you need a rest, your body's achin', take a rest I say" Well, OK then, I will. Right after this weekends USGP, hanging it up for 07. Man what a long crappy season it's been. Combining a record amount of illness this year and now some recent injuries, trips to the surgeon, pt and weightroom are all forthcoming.

Last weekends Bald Eagle/Race to the Canal was def the crippler. I was doin good for the first 20-22 miles tradin first and second place with some dude from Nashville, railing the downhills and havin a blast just riding, when I suddenly felt the curtain start to close. I tried to eat, but it was too late, my body is just worn out and the curtain was drawn and they were turning lights out. The next 12 or so miles took a long time to complete with several stops for food and other one long one just to enjoy the view of the lake with the wind blowing in my face. It's a pretty disappointing close to a race season that started out so good in the mountains of Georgia and hills of E-town, but all things in perspective, a bad race, or even bad season, isnt such a big deal.

So, one more big race that I really would like to do well in, (being the biggest cycling event Louisville ever has seen), but I realize theres a good chance that just aint gonna happen. But hey, one way the other, its gonna be a lot of fun and I'll hoist a pint to 08.
http://www.usgpcyclocross.com/

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

posting blogs at work. man, i'm telling your boss...

Rowbear said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rowbear said...

I like that song but the part that is more applicable to my life is the line, "are you stupid, or just a faggot?" I'm gonna do some crunches now while listening to that song, then afterwards I'm gonna eat chilli and fart the rest of the night away. I think farting does more good for my abs than crunches.

Anonymous said...

what guy from nashville? G. Dunn?

Anthony said...

craig somthin. never met him before.

Anonymous said...

Craig Evans. He's known for his Xterra racing.