Wednesday, May 09, 2007

friendly motorists in Louisville

We hear so much about angry motorist yelling at us and cussing us so I wanted to post a positive experience I had last night while doing the Tuesday night worlds.

Soon after we made the left onto River Road from Blankenbaker I hit a large hole pretty hard. My tire started hissing immediately so I pulled off on a larger piece of the shoulder and began to replace the tube. Out of the corner of my eye I see someone pull in the gravel near me in a silver BMW. A pretty lady gets out and starts walking towards me. I'm thinking she is going to scold me and tell me about how awful it is that we cyclist ride our bikes on the road. Boy was I wrong. When I looked up she said, "I was behind you guys and saw that you might be having trouble so I turned around and came back to make sure you were okay. My family rides so I know how it goes."

I told her that it was merely a flat and I had everything I needed and then tried to thank her as sincerely as possible.

A few minutes later I had to tell some fellow cyclists that I was okay and didn't need any help. The amount of helpful friendly riders in this area is almost annoying at times. Just joking.
I just wanted to share a positive experience with you all and if you know the lady I'm talking about, thank her again for me.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Man, Rowbear always gets the pretty girls. If it had been me with the flat the helpful motorist would have been some large, hairy smelly guy with a couple of restraining orders already to his credit. Life isn't fair. At least my Scalpel is cooler than Rowbears.

Anonymous said...

Dumb Ass ...... Whatcha have a flat for?

Anonymous said...

I think that was covered in the blog entry home skillet

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

I so thought that that blog was gonna' have a romantic twist to it. Just reading the pretty lady part made my dick stiff....

Czar

3rd time is a charm!!!!

Rowbear said...

hahah, you must get pretty desperate for material Czar

Rowbear said...

also I deleted your two failed attempts at commenting

Anonymous said...

My 3rd time is a charm makes no sense now. Wait, it's okay because most don't understand my logic anyways....

Czar

Anonymous said...

Annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd I think it is so cool in life when someone is totally not what you expected them to be in a situation. That pretty lady and the situation had to be a good vibe producer....

Czar