Monday, June 18, 2007

Now was that so bad?

Yes, it was.
  • 26th out of 50 in the Sport category.
  • 4th in the 40-49 men. I could have been 2nd if I hadn't screwed around. I let the 3rd place guy in my age group pass me with about 3 miles left, and we both sat on the 2nd place guy for the last mile. I should have passed them both when I had the opportunity. That would have moved me up to 24th overall, but at least then I'd have been in the top half.
  • I was doing OK for the first hour. I climbed well, descended OK, kept it moving. The last 45 minutes were in survival mode. Not a race to be proud of. I seriously thought about quitting, but never got around to it.
  • Just like always....I'd gap guys on the the climbs just to get reeled back in on the descents. I need some bike-handling skills bad.

No comments: