Monday, May 19, 2008

Stump Jump 08

First off, what is it with oddball conventions and mtb races happening in the same towns? There has been the Ladies of the Southern Baptists, Quilters, Organic farming and rabbits, and most recently RC modelers (of course it just couldnt be a underwear modelers). So anywho, It was almost a whole new ballgame this year; new course and (gasp) no rain, but the constant being my outcome of suck.

The new course was a blast to ride. As Rusty said, a perfect mtn bikers course. Windy and warm, everything was good, well, almost everything. I didn't really warm up very well and even though I easily took the holeshot at the begining, I had to drop back to about 8th to recover from the effort. As the lap wore on, I started to feel better and bring back a few spots. I forgot my GU2O and borrowed some HEED from Nick which should be called HEAVE since it seems to induce many tiny barfs. So after getting used to this happening, going into lap 2, I grabbed another spot to move up to 3rd and was feeling pretty good. Then, at the end of the lap, my pedal snapped off. I went back to the car to replace it, but in doing so was going to be relegated to last by the official. I blasted out one more lap and decided suffering through a 4th lap was pointless so I hung it up. Nuts.

Some money and a result would have been nice, but we had fun and I at least got some riding/training in before disaster hit. Oh well, plenty more races to come in the season. Which reminds me, where is the "Smokin hot chicks and Micro-brew convention" this year?

1 comment:

Rowbear said...

last year there you had feeding issues, I think you grabbed the wrong bottle and rode a lap drinking flat, watered down coke. Did Rusty have his usual breakfast of 4 or 5 minature cliff bars?