Monday, July 09, 2007

Barkley, the pleasure is back



And I looked just that smooth this weekend.

Lake Barkley and Cadiz KY now mean two things two me; the finest motor lodging available via some fine Indian folks (dot not feather) by way of the Super 7 Motel (not sure if that means its better or worse than a Super 8) and pain.

This race is always hot as an oven - it is strange how, no matter what, some races seem to dictate the weather, like rain and ft. duffield. This year was like an arctic adventure compared to last, but a sizzler none-the-less. And the course, like the heat, is relentless.

I skipped the chance to ride circles in a field with Nano (aka short-track) to try to save some legs for the 3 lap death march that was gonna be Sundays race. Nuts if it didnt work. I dont know what my deal is, but motivation is lacking. A lack of sleep may have been one culprit, but suffering was not on the agenda. Eric Pirtle and Myself rode 2 laps together, and then on lap 3, he jumped and got a gap when I stopped to load up on bottles and drop my camelback. I chased, but that guy has some skills. After closing on the first big climb, my motivation just left. The thought of redlining (or as some call it “racing”) for the next 7 miles was more than a bit unappealing. So I just rode it in for second. Nano, riding Turpins Scalpel since his Reba was "molnared,” came in 3rd to round out the Pro/Semi class.

The lake, as always, felt like pee but was still nice to float in post race. I'm thinkin some time off the bike before gettin killed at Mt. Mitchell on the 22nd and then Sugar Mountain Nationals the following week might do me a bit of good. Speaking of recharging, along with a trip to Charleston that week, it will be my fist vacation in years, yessssssss. In the meantime, if you have some motivation to spare, (meth, EPO, crack, whatever), send it my way. Thanks.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well Bruther, you got to start off by believing yourself and anything you tell yourself! THIS IS the 1st step to immortality.

Don't be so dependent on training. Forget skills and riding the hard stuff, you don't need it. Go out and ride the flat easy stuff, like 2 miles bruther. Do this once a week, no more. Tell the jabroni's that you're riding 20 miles a shot and for hours, 10x a week at least.

They'll believe it, you'll believe it, and eventually and you'll be able to write words that become legendary.

and also don't forget the three demandments:

1. Say your prayers
2. Take your vitamins
3. I forgot the last one

Anonymous said...

and buy a TREK! that is the last one.

Anonymous said...

Molnared? I don't like that at all. I told him not to wash it with a garden hose. Nobody listens to me! Don't say you haven't been warned, tip of the day:Don't spay your bike with a garden hose. sheesh how many times do I have to say this!

Anonymous said...

Quit being such a dumass!

PS: Is there a "B" Team

Anonymous said...

i think you could prolly score some of that "motivation" just by standing outside your building for about 10 minutes. ha.

Anthony said...

the b team took the fall for us. thanks guys, see ya in 5-10.

Anonymous said...

tip of day, don't listen to the ateam when they say "just give him this cash when they give you a brown paper bag" oh well have to go now it is time to pump some iron in the yard.

Anonymous said...

Nothing like a fist vacation. You gotta' fight for your right to party....

Czar

Rowbear said...

I would even spay my dog or cat with a garden hose.