Tuesday, July 03, 2007

pictures and North Vernon

While making faces for the camera Anthony manages to rub tires with some guy named Jacob that has big sideburns. Jacob finished 3rd in the STXC.
Here is anthony giving some sort of gang sign during the stxc race. I'm not sure what it means.

Here is anthony blowing a kiss. He always has time for his fans. Notice the heavy fork on the front of his bike. It's a loaner from the shop while his gets rebuilt. It didn't seem to slow him down though.


All these pictures are from the STXC by the way. In this one Jean Luc is out front. He and anthony had a sprint finish. It would of been interesting to see if Brad had something for the final lap but he washed out in a gravely turn a few laps early and had to settle for 4th place.



here is anthony on the wheel of 18 year-old Brad Nelson. He's a good kid and he's super-fast.




Anthony is leading the pro/expert field on this lap. It wasn't the final lap but he finished that one in the lead too. It was a bit of a sprint although after a few seconds of it Jean Luc seemed to sit up. While anthony had no idea and was worried about two guys in front of him blocking him from getting around. I guess they really didn't want to get lapped.


Anthony brought the Venture 1080 out for the weekend. It was my first time enjoying its luxury. Pretty awesome I must say. The campground was decent. There was a mastiv like dog at the campground across from us that was a bit of a pain in the ass and some hippies at the campground next to us. I think they dropped acid when it got dark. they had an acoustic guitar and tie dye shirts. That's how I know they were hippies and why I assume they dropped acid.
As for my stxc experience. I had fun. No pictures to document it though. Anthony doesn't know how to operate fancy cameras.
The race was 30 min plus one lap. I don't have much experience with stxc so I didn't know what to expect. First lap everyone was watching each other so I was in the front leading. I was okay with that because I figure as long as I'm in front I wont get dropped. On the second lap 3 guys came around. They were all sport open riders and I knew one in particular was going to be killing it. I didn't know however that I would get lapped by him and the guy on his wheel two times before the race was over. On the 3rd lap another guy came around. He got a good gap on me but never really got out of site. So I set my goal on catching him but I tried to remain patient and not blow my load in one lap. I kept getting within 20 yards or so of him then he would see me and pedal hard for a bit and increase the gap. I could tell he was getting a bit worn out by the end of the race though because I kept closing the gap a little without trying real hard. So on the last lap I came through and saw that he was closer than ever so I stood up and pushed as big of a gear as I could. laps were only around 1:30 to complete. Right before the last sharp left hand turn onto pavement I bridged up to the guy's wheel. I wanted to make sure to nail the turn and for some reason the guy conceded the inside line so I took it and got in front of him. It was all over from there as I mashed the remaing 15 yards up the pavement into the grass and a quick little up to the finish. That put me in 4th place.
The race director was impressed and commented on it the next day at the xc race as I came through for my second lap.












No comments: