Friday, November 09, 2007

i know ya miss me

I just watched The Flying Scotsman. I thought it was really good. If you haven't seen it check it out, I think it is even suitable for non-cycling-enthusiast viewers because its about the triumph of the human spirit.

I'm looking forward to a long road ride on Sunday around Lexington. I haven't done more that 25 miles since July. I hope I can still make it. Lately I mainly just ride my bike to school (5 miles to campus) and try to get out for a 20 miler or a bit more once a week. I get so stressed about school and find it hard to get myself away from the computer and books for 2 hours but the dumb thing is, if I wouldn't waste time taking breaks watching stupid t.v. shows (big fan of I luv New York) or trying to find nekid girls on the internet I would have plenty of time to take a 2 hour break for a bike ride.

I'm hoping to be a little less stressed about school next semester and ride a little more so that I can be back in shape by july or so to do some racing. Although July and August are probably my least favorite months to race.

On a side note, I've had this weird pain in my gut around my belly-button since monday. It feels like I have a huge fart that just won't come out. Wed. night it got so bad I was on the verge of convincing myself it was appendicitis but now that it has started to back off I'm hoping it will just go away and leave me alone. I'm one of those lucky people that don't have health insurance now that I am a full time student and only work about 12 hours a week.

Hope you're all doing well and if you missed the USGP cyclocross race in Louisville then you missed something special. It was an awesome event to watch. I'm sure I might have even gotten some goose pimples if I had been competing and there had been that may people cheering for me.

Ya'll take care (lexington living has gotten me in touch with my redneck upbringing)

1 comment:

Anthony said...

during my senior year i would sneak in little 1-2 hour romps pretty often. hmm, maybe if i didnt do that i wouldnt be here in the 3rd cirle of hell known as new albany...but anyway, no student insurance?