Sunday, November 11, 2007

pleasant surprise

I got in a beautiful 60 mile group ride around lexington this morning. I'm kind of surprised I could still manage 60 miles. About 30 miles into the ride we were cruising along and a squirrel came out of nowhere, plowed straight into my front tire, bounced off and then scurried on across the road. It was a little scary, if I would have ran over it then I may have taken a spill. I'm excited that there is such good routes around Lexington, no hills to speak of, but plenty of rolling horse farm country. If only I could remember where the hell we went today. The ride captain Alec, said they work it up to a century by Feb. or so. Too bad there isn't anywhere to ride a mountain bike around here.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you want hills ride south toward the river. Capital View in frankfort is only 30 min away for mountain biking.

Anonymous said...

You in Lexington now? I know some mountain bike trails about an hour's drive east of there (and coincidently, not far from where I live). Let me know if you're interested and I'll show you around. --Brian

Rowbear said...

we talked about you some today schworm. Tim Cooper was on the ride. Surprised me. Alec was talking about that TN race where you wrecked, got your face ran over, and then charged up the final climb passing people by the handful.

I do want to come get over there to let you show me around on the mtb. No 8 hour rides though.

Anthony said...

haha, you went on a ride with a "captain." did you have a cue sheet and helmet miror too? man you make me want to cry even more than that little tosser from michigan does...;)

glad you got a good one in.

keith said...

Since you are in Lexington now. Maybe you could travel on south to London. I will gladly introduce you to Mr. Staph if he is still in the neighborhood.

Anonymous said...

The trails in downtown Lexington are hidden on the U of K campus in the landscaping. Look a bit closer.