Tuesday, May 19, 2009

getting settled

first Frankfort Road ride with Troy Hearn and a few others this morning at 7 a.m. whoah! Sucked getting out of the house that early but it was a good 40 miler, little chilly at the start but perfect weather by the time we were finishing at 10. Tommorrow I'm hitting up capitol view for as long as I can turn the pedals over. Then back to the house to work the rota-tiller and make us a garden.

Next road ride I may try a solo ride from the house, I don't like driving somewhere to do a road ride. Here is the ride I mapped out for the ocassion click me

oh, and I almost forgot, Asheville this weekend for a sport history conference. I'm definitely taking a bike and guess it will be the road bike cause I hear I can climb for 3 hours and coast back down for 40 minutes. Sounds fun. Or should I take my mtb?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Take the mountain bike! You can climb there for 3 hours and coast back down hitting tons of stuff! You will not regret it.

Unknown said...

I hope that question was rhetorical.

nickleonard said...

i've always wanted to do a road ride out there and see if i could climb that long.....but i don't see me not taking my mtb when i go to NC. take both...stay an extra day. why not.

keith said...

Tillered a little patch of ground myself. Taters, peppers, mater, cabbage and corn.

pps said...

bring your sybian...

Bob Builder said...

Military Challenge Coins
WOW! It is just superb post i am really impressed now i am going to bookmark this blog so that i could keep in touch.