Wednesday, January 10, 2007

My joints suffer from freeze thaw


Reading Sean's blogs, link is over to the right, makes me jealous of our differing climates. He lives in Florida so he gets to go out for rides in the 60's. As for me, I went out last night after work and man was it could after the sun went down. Temp was 34 but the forecast said it felt more like 26 degrees out there. Must have been those 14-19 mph winds, man those gusts were chilly. Surprisinly my hands were got coldest, guess I'll have to break out the super duper pearl izumi gloves that are too hot to wear when temps are in the 40s. So I was doing my overgeared hill climbs with my little light shining a path for me thinking about how nice it would be if it was suddenly 60 degrees outside. I guess the benefit of living in KY is that we have more hills than the FL boys and we're still able to race in the middle of the summer up here without roasting. Actually, it does get pretty hot and humid here in the summer but I've been to Florida in the summer and it definitely seems worse.

Getting in the shower after that ride hurt. I couldn't seem to get the water cool enough to keep from stinging my skin.

1 comment:

Sean said...

For a cyclist, our winters can't be beat. Summertime though...that sucks big time, too hot for man or beast.
Ohh, and don't remind me about our lack of hills...it typically means I have to head to N Georgia or N Carolina to get some climbing training in.