Friday, January 12, 2007

what I realized last night doing tt efforts


Last night it was 4x12 tt efforts. I have a little loop that i do in cherokee park which makes it more interesting because I can push harder by trying to make it a little further each time. Last week I kept making it to the same spot. Last night on my second effort I made it to the standard spot with about 18 seconds to spare so I was pretty jazzed about that. The second two efforts aren't really as good though because by that point it's too dark to see the time on my computer. I guess I need to set my hr monitor to countdown from 12 and then beep to make it easier.

Anyway, I think the reason I made it a little further on the 2nd effort was because I realized that it was okay to bury myself a little on a flat or small up if I knew a bit of a down was coming so I could recover during that time. There is one stretch specifically that is kind of a down a small hill in a neighborhood so I can't exactly fly through there, so I buried myself just before it and recovered there but was still able to maintain a decent speed.

It's going to rain like crazy this weekend. Sucks cause I definitely ain't doing a 3 hour ride on the trainer.

No comments: