Friday, August 24, 2007

Great Day of Riding

I must say wednesday was as hot as a coon's bottom sliding down a hill. Man, crazy hot days, but you still gotta get your ride on. I did see Curtlo out there on a fixie, and to watch him ride through the WL was like watching Brian Botano ice skate. It was magical. No wonder he got the fastest lap at the 13 hours of howeveryouspellit....

Thursday was a bit cooler and a much better day for me. Tended to some bank business;), ate lunch w/ Goldberg, ran into an old friend, and then rode my usual loop at Cherokee.

I decided i was not going to hammer. The mountain bike messiah mike stevens appeared in my home earlier this week like an angel descending from the heavens, ok not really, he just kinda walked in w/o knocking. I remember the sage training advice that he gave me while riding in durango, co a few years ago. I took his advice to heart, and it seemed to work.

I rode pretty much everthing w/o getting worn out, and I don't beleive i put a foot down for nuttin. I helped a fellow mtb'er patch a tube and was reminded of the long forgotten days of working in a shop, oh wait, i never patched a tube, i always tossed em and just put a new one in. Probably another cause of global warming...sorry about that.

I am enjoying my 29er SS a lot. I can't say 100 % for sure that it is better than a 26er, but I do feel being 6'4, the frame does fit me better. I do like not having to raise my seat 20 inches out of the seat tube. I know, I know my old motto, well i got a new one, BC's skillz + 29 inch wheels = ? that's all i got, maybe you can give me a new motto!?!?!

Peace out!

And be sure to check out the hottest new forums, MTB Free. These things are blowin up and there is even some prizes!

Peace out again!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

the title of this blog reminds me of the beavis and butthead episode entitled, "A Great Day". look it up online. it's awesome.

Anonymous said...

You might think about taking the link to the Cycling Life blog off of you blog. Sean died in a collision with a truck and trailer earlier this week while riding his road bike.