Sunday, August 05, 2007

robert's waverly

It was too humid for me to wear my glasses cause they kept fogging up. I didn't wear a heart-rate monitor either cause it said my heart was beating in the 220s or not at all.

I raced with the experts 4 laps so I was expecting a long day. I got in the woods next to last. Rode behind Rob Kendall for a while until I passed him on the side of the trail squeezing his tire. Then I caught a couple papa john roadies, mostly were stopped and getting ready go drop out. I was going pretty freaking slow because I knew 4 laps would be a challenge. At the end of each lap I wanted to quit and I finally decided to at the end of the 3rd lap. The rest of the day I've been sitting around wishing I had of finished it even though I would have been the last person out on the course.

first lap was a little over 37 minutes
second lap was something like 39
3rd lap was 43 minutes so I was at 1:58 and some change with another lap ahead of me. I think the thought of riding for over 2 hours and 40 minutes in that heat was what did me that plus I got super thirsty and just wanted to sit and drink and the fact that the whole front part of the course is unrelenting.

Good turn-out though. Good payout for the top 3 finishers. Those kymba boys did good work.

No comments: