Sunday, September 16, 2007

Crossin' up

I skipped the OtterCreek MTB race today to hit a Cyclocross race. I pre-rode at OC two weeks ago and had a bad day, primarily due to allergies, but I just didn't really feel it, probably because there's something about OC that I just don't care for. So when faced with the choice of riding my CX bike or MTB I went North up to England-Idlewild park in Burlington, KY and raced on skinny tires there.

Took 6th in the B's, better than I placed last year in CX racing on my Klein Hardtail, so I met my goal of finishing in the top half of the group. I know what I need to work on, so I'm gonna focus on that and see if I can improve.

Sorry to let my MTB fans down, but the CX crowd was appreciative. With the MTB season winding down and the CX heating up, I hope to see more than a couple of MTB'ers out on the CX courses this year.

No comments: