Monday, September 10, 2007

Hello Darlin...

...nice to see you it's been a long time.

Now that i got you singing, well, maybe not. If you dont get the reference, you were prolly born after – I dunno – 1981, never had to hear songs like "Coal miners daughter" over and over and I hate you. Or maybe envy. Close enough to the same emotion. Lets move on to why I chose the title. I raced last weekend. First race in a month. It kinda sucked. I got beat by a guy who wasnt even born when Purple Rain was a big hit, another who wasnt born when Nirvana released their first album, and a guy with one gear (i guess if we need to make the musical analogy, he would be like a 45, or Dexys Midnight Runners). Yes albums, I am old. Why all the musicall metaphors? Why not.

The last Dino was at Town Run trails park in Indy. Know what the best part about doing anything in Indiana is? Leaving. So anyway, tight fast and flat little course. You may actually stop pedaling for, maybe, 40 seconds in the two hours. Ugh. The inch of rain on saturday made things slick for the first couple laps, just enough to take your wheels out from under you suddenly and quite unexpectedly (uh, so i heard from less skilled riders, yeah, thats it.), but by lap 4 it was packing down nicely. It actually is a fun place to ride, would be fun to do their TT race, but man, for a race course, its kinda frustrating; passing is not the best, you just start feelin dizzy after a while and start longing for a hill (up or down, somethin).

So, after all was said and done, Brad Nelson won his fiirst Dino, Ben Richardson played bridesmaid yet again, Jason Pruitt hammered the hell out of a full rigid (perfect setup for town run) with a 44x18 gear. I came blazing in lookin like I had some fire still in me (I think I fooled them) for 4th. Next weekend; retribution at OCP!

3 comments:

Nick Barburuski said...

conway twitty? yeah, i've seen those infomercials for the classic country albums:)

bentcrank said...

Good job on the finish!! Sounds like the rain finally showed up and was at the wrong time.

Pruitt is non-human with some of the gears he pushes!! I know he uses something crazy at Ferdinand too!!

Anonymous said...

I was wondering why the race was 1/2 longer than last years.

I missed you a-tony!

If it makes you feel better I race in a downpour in St. Louis on Saturday.

My bike is still F'ed.

Eric Pirtle