Sunday, September 23, 2007

Mexington CX

Today, I officially launch the movement to change Lexington to Mexington. If you've been there, you know. Calm down, not saying anythings wrong with it, just noting.

So me and Morgan wen to Mexington (rolls off the tongue doesnt it?) for the Masterson Station CX race. Fairly uneventfull. A big, bumpy, grassy course that was ok, not stellar, but it was what it was. So, we start hot (in every sense of the word), and I dont understand some people, this one squirrely dude (who we shelled) that seemed to think there was a first one to everything prime. Its an hour long wide open CX race buddy, settle. Anyway, 2 laps in, it was already down to three, then two. Third lap, I was leading out, go hot into a corner and hear the Bio-wheels rider behind me fold his tire and flat. Crap. Didnt really want to solo the rest of the 5.5 laps, but he seemed strong, which was bad for my winning chances, so his leaving wasnt a horrible thing, and we had already built a decent gap that I was able to keep building on it. I also gotta give props to my boys in the pit thrownin water on me and handing up some bottles, made a huge difference.

Felt good to really peg it and get the heart rate way up there. Next weekend will probably be a bit more of a barf inducing humbling race, but it was good to shake things out on the new bike in a smaller race.

Buenas noches.

3 comments:

Duane said...

One Race, One Win. Not a bad way to break in a new bike.

Rowbear said...

I liked the hand-up where you and nick fumbled. The guy in the lindsay wilson kit fumbled his hand-ups like 3 times or so. Rob Kendall was really dousing people but it was kinda hard to get you all wet cause you were going so fast.

which reminds me of a joke:

what do you do when your girlfriend starts smoking?



slow down and use a lubricant

keith said...

speaking of smoking. There is an old saying "If she smokes she'll poke."