Monday, March 03, 2008

Snake Creek Gap III and the Organic Rabbits

So there was an Organic Farming and rabbit convention suckin up all the hotels in Dalton Friday night. Nothing like paying $70 for the Econo-Lodge that looked like a low budget horror film set. I mean, why mount electric devices on the wall when you can just dangle em from the wires? And who sent the not to Pakistan - "Move to America, buy a hotel, it's a goldmine!" Not to be racially insensitive, just that wow, there are a lot of Hindu's runnin hotels these days.

So anyway, the race sucked. I never felt very together Saturday, definitely out of sorts. The laundry list of issues; oversleept didnt get properly caffinated prior to racetime, Camelback leaked on me until it just leaked dry 1/2 way into the race (nothing like the feeling of being wet and sticky) leaving me high and very dry, brake pad was stuck to the rotor (I didnt feel like I was working hard enough, needed the extra resistance), double flat on the front, dropped my 5mm tool in the leaves, went over the bars onto a rock. Seems like I am leaving somethin out, but that pretty much sums up the suck. I still finished around 3:12, which was bittersweet since without issues, I could have broke 3 hours.

Oh well. There is long season ahead, many more flawless rides and catastrophes await.

2 comments:

Rowbear said...

I was wondering why you let Rick O'Cassik's love-child beat you. At least "the tosser" podiumed, and Garth too, yes?

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting such and uplifting and heart-warming story. I'm tingling with anticipation of the start of my own MTB racing season. And at the rate our weather is going, that will also be my first MTB ride of the year.