Tuesday, June 17, 2008

England Idlewild; hot, tight and damp

The title pretty much sums it up, but I love talking about things that involve me and you love reading it, so here's more.

Luckily the heat had let up a bit from previous days because despite only being in the low 80's, it felt like a broiler. Had it been warmer, it would have been a death-march. Laps were not super fast, about 40-ish minutes each and I felt each minute.

Weird little set of trails they got up there in Northern KY; tight single, northshore stunts and lots o roots. It was hard to get into rhythm with all the wash-out and roots. After sliding out in a corner, Ben ditched me and I was more than happy to just ride in second, I was feelin tired and just tried to roll a steady pace. Feeling a bit better by the last lap, Ben was sufferin and I caught him in the last few miles, just before he flatted. I didn't realize he had a mechanical so I kept pounding and rolled in for the win.

Anyway, the folks put on a great race; lots of food, great prizes and it's always good to see my Cinti peeps. Lookin forward to racing Cherokee this weekend. 8 or 9 years ago, who woulda thought that could ever happen.

I'm tired now, nothin else to say.

3 comments:

Rowbear said...

I believe Nostradamus was first to predict the Cherokee race.

Anonymous said...

Nice to see you guys are still going strong. Hope you and rowbear have a great season.

Judd Myers

Anonymous said...

i guess tight and damp is better than loose and dry:)