Monday, September 29, 2008

2008 Wrap up

My neurosurgeon told me Friday, no riding for another 6 weeks. In fact, no lifting weights, hiking, running or caber tossing of any sort. The hopes of making a late season CX or Scottish Games appearance is pretty much out of the question. Good thing I'm mostly Polish and haven't ever tossed a caber, (be nice to have the option though), but it sucks about the CX racing.

Anyway, I begged, pleaded and promised to take his wife out for a nice meal at White Castle and he said I could ride outside in 2 weeks if I promised to take it easy, not ride off-road, let his wife get the cheese fries, and in general be VERY VERY careful (with bike riding that is, though one should take caution at the WC lounge as well), but preferred I wait 6 weeks to do any out of doors riding/activity. Nuts to all that.

So...

that pretty much wraps up 2008.

No comments: