Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Part 2

Thanks for all the kind words, calls and emails. It is t-6 and they do expect an uneventful (good) recovery, but in the meantime, man it hurts.

Here is how it went down:
Sunday morning I'm waiting for Sarah to finish getting ready and I decided to run and pick up some groceries in the meantime (I am just so efficient). I wasn't in the store more than 2 minutes when I started feeling faint, flashing in and out of consciousness. I suspected it might be the onset of a seizure, but since I hadn't really engaged in any seizure-inducing behavior, I wrote it off to a blood sugar issue. I continued to try to shop but couldn't think or see straight. The last thing I remember was thinking "I need toothpaste" and heading in that direction. The next thing after that, I was coming to in the mens room, then surrounded by paramedics just outside of. The pharmacist said later it was one of the worst seizures he has ever seen. I don't imagine my writhing around in the broken jars of pasta sauce helped the scene much, I was covered head to toe in marinera and cuts from the jars.

So, it took a while to regain my memory; Sarah was surprised when I called her back (as she was wondering where I was) asking who she was and how long I knew her. Not much in this world scarier than not knowing who you are or what's happening to you. But, all things considered, things have turned out OK. Looking at the cuts on my neck from the sauce, I was fortunate not to open up the jugular.

Well, I have some more doctors to see and can't drive for 3 months, (gas is expensive anyway), who knows, maybe I'll even return to work soon. Nah, thats crazy talk.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

anthony, your story could be a made for tv movie, maybe throw in some quicksand! anyways heal up and get well
craig wohlschlaeger

Anonymous said...

So .... What brand of Salsa was it?