Saturday, February 14, 2009

Nothing like a hard effort

Nothing like a hard ride to make you realize your saddle needs to be adjusted. It wasn't a long ride but I did an Lactic threshold test yesterday, just cause I hadn't checked it in so long. So it was 30 minutes of seated pushing pretty hard made my right knee ache a little. After the test was over I pulled over and sat on a guardrail to remove a shim from beneath the cleat on my right leg. I keep having this problem about the dull ache when I push real hard so I think my seatpost slips a little cause I've adjusted it quite a few times and it feels better immediately after but then a ride or two later its back to the same issue. I don't know if it has a divet in it or something where it slides back to each time. Suppose, I should just get a new post.

Anyway, the LT test just gave me even less faith in using heart-rate than I already had. The result was that my LT is exactly the same as it was when I was "really" training. I did hurt to peg it for a while though, I don't think I have done an effort like that since I was racing sport class and trying to win races. I think there is something to be said for pushing yourself through the rough spots were you're saying to yourself "this is retarded, why am I doing this?" So LT stands at 180bpm. At least I don't have to reset the zones on my hr monitor. Someone buy me a powertap to play around with, but give me one for my mtb too. :)

No comments: