Friday, April 10, 2009

Tues night worlds and thurs afternoon tempo

At tnw my pedal was feeling really loose, I figured I needed a new cleat for my speedplays but I still thought I should check to make sure the pedal wasn't coming off the spindle or something, it seemed okay so I continued on and then suddenly my chain dropped to little ring and I couldn't get it back in to big.

Anyone know what problem I was suffering from yet?

After this I figured I needed to either head home, or get off and really check to see what was going on, although I didn't know the two problems were connected until 30 yards later when my left crank arm came off and dangled from my foot as I unclipped the right and pulled over to to take the crank arm off my shoe. Luckily the bolt was still in so it was all good.

Yesterday and last time I did a hilly tempo ride (trying to get up the hills with low cadence/high gear seated) it has been my calves that have crapped out on me before the ride is over, not my quads. And actually the calves start to hold me back cause they threaten to cramp about 1h 30m in. What's up with that. I mean yeah I was dehydrated before the ride but so what.

2 comments:

Russell G. said...

Sounds to me like somebody needs to "Harden the Fuck Up!"

Rowbear said...

you love it when I'm hard don't you?