Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Groovin'

Wow, it's been a week since any of the other guys have posted. I better pick it up and make good for the team.

I was in a groove today, hence the title. 31 miles at Cherokee, 3-hours & 15-minutes, on the MTB. Not super fast, but fun, flowing and exactly what I needed. Yesterday I put in 17 miles also at Cherokee. Day before it was 18 miles at Waverly. So I am getting exactly what I need, time on the trail, on the new bike and without any major shoulder pain. So 60-some miles in 3 days all on trails in fantastic condition. Doesn't get better than that in Kentucky in early April. I'm glad I took advantage of the weather, as it doesn't look like it's gonna cooperate for the next few days.

Yesterday I got schooled, by JoeDoba and a couple of his PJ cronies. They just plain dropped me. No excuses. But it was good, shows me where I need to be to beat him again this year. We're in the same age group now, so unless he races Expert all year it's on. But today it clicked, and I felt a lot more comfortable at speed. Still need to work on cornering, but that isn't exactly a news flash for anyone who has ever followed me on a trail.

No comments: