Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Starting over

So the time has finally come for me to start over...that's right kids my body and head seem to be healed. physical therapy was a joke, prescription meds did the trick, but i am no druggie so i weaned myself off of them...by the grace of god i am healing!

this will be my third week at the gym. Slowly but surely i am building my fitness up. I know the drill, i know the ropes, i just have to get back in the groove.

I also have started riding again, slowly but surely. I was out for 2 hours today on my SS, yup i am cool, i ride a SS and it's a 29er, so don't question my coolness...but man i was worn out afterward. I wasn't riding particularly hard or anything, just riding along and got worn down.
I feel like a young child trying to learn how to walk again. I remember the days when i could put four hours in easily on my bike. I remember the days of being able to keep up with the sport riders without any issues, i even remember when chris eatough let me lead him at the 24 hours of snowshoe and told me what a great job i did, but those are just memories and those days are gone. It's a new day, and a new beginning, and I am here on this earth to grab each and everyone of those moments!

In addition to me finally being physically able to get back into shape, oh what a long road it is going to be, there are some other changes happening in my world...some big changes.
my deck is full, i am finally able to grab my career by the horns and attempt to determine my future (buy khs bicycles!), and pursue my dreams! I am loosing my stable, secure job, but oh well, at least i am not going to be one of those corporate bitter people anymore that are unbelievably unhappy.

That is right, my deck of cards is stacked, and if some things aren't in the cards when they are laid on the table, then so be it. My goal is to good decisions, not necessarily "right-now" decisions, but decisions that will affect me long-term...thankfully some good ones have been made for me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i so tired of reding bor ng blosg not writ e by anthony. helga dotn care about startnig over helga dont care about local club boohoos helga caer about anthony