Monday, July 14, 2008

What I learned this weekend

Apparently, some roadies feel that you can avoid accidents by anticipating them. I tried to explain that it's no longer an accident if it can be anticipated, but hey, I'm the one who was almost taken out by not fault of my own, so what do I know, right? Pay for a race, get a little free advice thrown in. What an idiot. Another quick reminder of why I rarely put a race number on the road bike.

Anywho…the crit was OK. It was fast as heck and and just as monotonous, almost 40 freakin laps around the same course. Geez. Sorry, but you have to simple minded to find that crap fun. I made some moves, went for a prime, covered some breaks and tried for the big W, and prolly coulda scored at least a top 5 had I been smarter, but it didnt work out. Thats cool. I'm pretty satisfied considering it was my first road crit in almost 6-7 years.

On a semi related note, we went to see "Bigger, Faster, Stronger" (http://www.biggerstrongerfastermovie.com/) at the Village 8 yesterday. Great movie, (Floyd is in it so you get your little 2 wheeled fix). I think he may have been a bit biased towards the use of roids, but there was some good info in there, like the fact Carl Lewis tested positive for banned substances the same year Ben Johnson was disgraced. Whoops.

Frankfort is lookin like it will be dry and fast next weekend. I’m too tired to think of an amusing close, so make up your own joke or just giggle at this…

2 comments:

nickleonard said...

we seen you up there pulling those roadies. Tried to cheer you on each lap you guys came around.

keith said...

FAG! That's a funny word.