Monday, February 19, 2007

Big group rides and cold weather

got an awesome group ride in on Saturday out at Younger's creek. There was snow on the ground and 30 minutes after riding a section our tracks would be covered when we came back to it. Snow wasn't deep, just enough to cover the gound. You could see the white single-track snaking it's way through the woods. Kind of magical and epic. I got in nearly 3 1/2 hours, that's a pretty big mtb ride for me. I had a couple wrecks 3 of them were because I kept trying to make it up the drop in and kept falling over at the top. The other wreck hurt the worst because it was an actual wreck on high speed off camber stuff, I just slid out and ricocheted off the ground, it was pretty hard and jaggedy because it was frozen. John and Anthony rode past and made fun of me. Now I've got a pretty good scab going on in my right ass cheek/hip region. I was pretty beat by the end of the ride and had to take it easy yesterday on the rollers for 45 minutes. I'm getting to where I can watch t.v. a bit while I'm on the rollers. I tried to take a drink too but that nearly ended catastrophically.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed reading this until you used the word epic. That is so 2001....

Anonymous said...

You got your pee pee frost bit and didn't realize it until you rode in western Kentucky.