Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Not the way to start the year

This isn't how I wanted things to start this season. I'm sitting here with a sore shoulder, the result of an uncontrolled dismount this past weekend. Had it x-rayed, looks like a mild separation of my Left Shoulder. I'll know more on Friday when I visit the Ortho doc.

I had (still have) big plans for this season. I'm on a new bike, an '07 Cannondale Scalpel 1 and on a new (kinda) team. New in the sense that I'm "on the team" this year instead of just posing like I did last year and racing in an Clarksville A-Team Jersey.

I get a lot of questions as to which class I'm going to race this year. I'm now racing as a 40-year-old, so I get to go against the geezers instead of the young punks. Good deal. This is an opportune time to make the jump to Expert, but I'm not sure I'm ready, now with the shoulder if I have to take any time off the bike it'll create even more doubt. Besides, if I stay in the Sport class I can beat up on Joe Collins of Team Louisville and Bo King from Humana/CC. Both good guys and good competitors.

That's all for my first post, we'll see if I can get this thing to work. And yeah, my bike is cooler than Rowbear's, thanks for asking. Black bikes rock.

Duane

3 comments:

Rowbear said...

I'm sorry Dwayne. An injury at this point would certainly dissappoint the hell out of me.

Rowbear said...

p.s. you did way better at figuring this blogging stuff out than anthony. Of course, he doesn't know anything about computers. Everytime I ask him about his hard-drive he starts giggling.

Anonymous said...

Bo and I will join forces and crush you little man HAHAHAHA