Thursday, February 08, 2007

A new mountain bike


I ordered one of these last week. It will be my first full suspension bike. It will also be my first time with hydro disc brakes. I had avid mechanical before but wasn't too impressed mainly because they always seemed making a little noise. I haven't even really ridden a full sus. so this should be interesting.

It came with an xt group aside from the xtr rear der. I changed the shifters out to x0 grip shift, cause I love grip shift and so I had to change the rear der. to an x0. I also upgraded the pedals to stainless steal eggbeaters. I love my time pedals but I couldn't ignore how much lighter the eggbeaters are. Since the mavic 819 wheelset isn't as light as the crossmax sl's I've been thinking of every possible way I can to shed some weight without springing for the crossmax wheels (they're spensive). I think I'm going to try to change the shimano brake rotors out for something lighter like hope mono mini's if the two will work together, xt calipers with hope rotors. I hope all this money I'm dropping on bikes makes me faster. It's not like I'm training or anything. :)

I'm sure the money I've been spending on coaching is going to do way more for me than new bikes, and the cost of coaching is so much less than the cost of new scalpels and schwinn pelotons.

It has been a little harder than I expected to get rid of my hard-tail. I've resorted to piecing it out but so many people have stuff for sale right now. I think if I can hold off till March or April I will fair much better.

supposed to do a roadrace this weekend, if it doesn't get called because of weather I'll let you know how it goes down.

No comments: