Monday, March 05, 2007

L'Esprit Road Race



quick race report:

I stayed up front most of the first lap. Pulled back a break on accident the first lap, I was acutally just trying to bridge up to John and some other dude but I accidentally brought the peleton with me. Second lap I pulled back another break, on purpose. I attacked on the third lap but that didn't last very long, the wind was killing and the group wasn't really letting anyone get away. I did stay up with the front group the whole time. With about a mile to go a dude in front of me touched tires and went down, he was immediately in front of me so I hit his bike and went down. i think my bike is okay and my body is alright, except two of my fingers feel jammed, also a couple sore spots on my legs. I got up as quickly as I could after the wreck and finished. I was the first person to finish after the bunch sprint which also had some carnage going on. There were about 14 guys in the lead group, and probably at least another 30-40 starters. I got 12th. I'm happy with the way I rode but really frustrated by the crash.

It was a big week for me. Biggest I can ever remember doing, high volume, steady intensity, not high intensity though. I ended up getting in 13 hours and close to 180 miles. I won't have another week with this type of volume till May or so. I'm looking for this week, only 6 1/2 hours scheduled. I don't even have to excercise at all on Tuesday or Friday. Oh man, what will I do with myself?

Anthony went down to Georgia cause he was looking for a soul to steal, actually he went down there to do a mtb time trial. He did well, I'm so proud of him.

Here are a couple pictures that duane took of the 4/5 finish.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i'm pretty much disgusted by my own farts right now