Friday, March 16, 2007

With so much drama in the LBC

Snoop was talking about Long Beach City when he said it. I'm referring to the Louisville biking community (not the club). Makes me wonder if there is this much drama in other regions. I wouldn't be surprised to see it in many areas where there are competing shops and interests. Sometimes I just wish all we had to talk about was how awesome some local trails or local riders are instead of speculating about whether this role of the marionette is going to pay off or trying to dance around explaining why there are different factions in the community. Oh well.

Younger's creek TT, STXC and XC this weekend. Biiiggg weekend. I wish we had the weather we had last weekend for this weekend though. It's supposed to be in the low 50s upper 40s tomorrow and Sunday. Also, it has rained a crap load and I can't imagine the trails are going to be perfect. Younger's does drain well though so hopefully it won't be sloppy. I remember being incredulous a year or two ago when the trail reports were good, because we had had some rain and I was expecting a full on slop fest. Come to find out on race day, it actually wasn't too bad out there. That new section will have to be holding water though, no way around that. I imagine some people might stay home assuming the trails will be too muddy to race. My logic is that the race is going to happen whether I show up or not so I might as well show up and donate my money because some of that will go back to the club so that they can afford to make repairs and do more trail work in the future. The central kentucky wheelmen have done a whole lot of work out there, I mean a whole whole lot and I'm sure they would be disappointed to not have a good turn-out this weekend, that would be more defeating for them than if they had to do trail repair for a weekend or two after the race. So come out and race, just remember to bring some knee/leg warmers and arm warmers and a base layer. Younger's creek is an awesome trail system, my most favorite in the Louisville area. Come check it out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

there is drama because there are people with feelings. People feel inferrior so they talk.

And yes it is worse where there are actual pro's. Do you think that when you have the best climber in the nation and the best sprinter in the nation living in the same town there isn't drama or competition or big ego's to fill?