Sunday, March 04, 2007

On The Mend

So it's not all bad news. I suffered a minor (grade 1 or 2) separation of the AC joint in my left shoulder. Its getting better every day, and hopefully this coming Friday I'll be cleared to start doing weight-bearing exercises. That will be 3 weeks after my wreck. I have a lot less dull-ache-annoying-pain and pretty good range of motion. It's still a little tender but the ugly bruise is almost totally gone.

Most of the info I've been able to find says an injury like this usually takes 6 weeks for full recovery, so I'm optimistic. Optimistic I'll be out on the road bike this coming week-end and optimistc I'll be back on the trails in late March. So at this point it looks like my first MTB race of the year will be Park Mammoth, depending on when they actually decide to schedule the race. I'm somewhat dissappointed that I'm probably gonna miss the entire Spring Road Race series. I had also hoped to race at Chickasaw Trace and LBL but expect to miss both due to my shoulder and another conflict.

So I have a new Mountain Bike sitting in my basement that I haven't ridden in 3 weeks. And yeah, it's still cooler than Rowbears. But at least I've ridden mine; he has a brand-spanking-new bike that's never seen a trail. Hopefully the weather will cooperate for him and give him the opportunity to get it dirty.

No comments: